Apologies, but these events have been cancelled due to new government rules.
As you know the Society has had to cancel all activities for the past few months because of Covid-19 pandemic. I am happy to say that following a Committee meeting in early August it was agreed that limited activities such as Paint Days and Workshops can resume by ensuring a safe environment by following the government guidelines for group meetings.
Ken Bridges has therefore booked the Llanelltyd Village Hall for the following dates and times:
Tuesday 22nd September 2020 Paint Day – time: 10:30 am till 4:00 pm
Thursday 26th Nov Paint Day – time: 10:30 am till 4:00 pm
Workshop: Watercolour, the Basics
The next workshop will be on Tuesday, 13th October 2020 from 10:30 am until 4:00 pm. The tutor will be Ken Bridges
The aim of the workshop is to provide an introduction to the medium of watercolour for anyone who would like to take up watercolour or is just starting out in the medium. The session will begin with looking at watercolour materials We will then go on to discuss their use, after which the group will undertake a few basic practical exercises. Followed by a very simple painting. Those attending should bring along the following:
- A selection of soft hair or synthetic brushes.
- Watercolour paper or pad approximately A3
- A small selection of watercolours in at least the three primary colours i.e. Red, Yellow and Blue.
- Something to mix colours in, either a dedicated water colour palette or saucers or a small plate will do.
- A Pencil and rubber.
Anyone who does not have any materials but wants to have a go please come along anyway. Bring your own lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Use the contact form below for more information or to book your place.
To comply with the Covid-19 requirements numbers for all three events are to be restricted to a maximum of 10 and those wishing to attend any of the events will be required to book a place with the secretary – use the booking form or the contact form above. If the uptake for any of the events is less than 5 then that event will be cancelled.
The painting days will continue in the same format as before, i.e. just turn up with your gear and have a paint among like minded members of the society, but don’t forget to book with Meena Davies. Ken will be there to run the day and hopefully offer useful advice and tips if needed.
Llanelltyd Hall Covid 19 precautions
The following must be observed during the Paint Days and Workshop:
- Only one room is to be used per event, in our case the large room.
- Hand sanitiser to be used on entering and leaving the hall area, (there is some provided but bring your own if you wish).
- Supply your own masks.
- Only one person to use the toilets at any one time.
- The Kitchen facilities are to be used for tea and coffee making only. Users will have to supply their own mugs and spoons.
- Furniture to be left out at the end of the day so that it can be sterilised.
- Group leader to leave their contact details.